7.24.2008

Joe Torre's Last Press Conference

I had no idea when this song came to be that blogging limitations would help cement the idea.

As far as I know, the only way to host an .MP3 is to create a movie of the file by using an application called Windows Movie Maker. See you add the song, choose a picture, and then create a movie. Blogger will host .MP4 not .MP3. So that is what Ill do.

EXPLANATION:

As I was watching the 2007 MLB Playoffs, I knew, like the rest of the sporting world, it was do or die for Joe Torre. Win the World Series, keep your job...anything less, you are fired. I could also see the response he had as not just a coach but as a man. We all know it is a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately world, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with does it? Just cause we know something to be true doesn't make it fun. Joe was dealing with what I thought was an irrational situation while trying to maintain his dignity. Not easy.

Anyway, as the Yankees lost and were eliminated, I had this feeling that it was his last game as a coach. Not that I care about the Yankees or the well being of the team, but something was very real about the emotion Joe expressed that day. And as Joe took the podium for his last press conference, (which I thought to be his final act of his career and feel slightly cheated that he is coaching again) this song was written:

SONG:





NOTES:

Musically, you may notice the gradual speeding up in tempo. This comes from not being very good and not using a metronome.

Also, the only image from the actual press conference I was watching is the next to last with the red background.

No comments: